Using Authenticity and Opinionated Stories in Email Marketing: A Conversation with Marc Mawhinney Episode 146
Join me as I speak with Marc Mawhinney about showing up unapologetically and being true to yourself and your opinions in your messaging. So many new coaches, especially those coming out of corporate environments, tone down their message and their voice because they don’t want to ruffle any feathers. The result – they show up bland and boring and as just one more dull face in a sea of coaches.
His approach to using his real opinions is simple, when he uses his real voice as part of the message he is intentionally polarizing and draws even more of right-fit clients into his world.
What he has found is that effective the most email marketing strategy involves telling real stories and sometimes being polarizing. Marc started using this approach after finding that his previous emails, which were filtered and non-offensive, were getting him no results. He decided to send daily emails and to take off the filter, resulting in more replies, opens, and eventually sales. However, he notes that being polarizing has to be backed by actual beliefs and not just made-up stuff.
As you develop and fine tune your approach notice that there can be dangers with going too far with polarization finding your voice and a balance is the end goal.
- Effective email marketing involves telling real stories and being polarizing while staying true to your actual beliefs.
- Non-offensive emails are boring and often get no results
- Daily emails and taking off the filter resulted in more engagement and sales
- Finding and using your voice, and knowing your audience are all important in effective email marketing
- Effective email marketing involves consistency and building a relationship with your subscribers. So be willing to show up authentically and for the long run to create the best results.
Featured on This Show:
- Click here to find out how to work with me
- Click here to see my new online shop
- Click here to access valuable free resources for coaches
Marc Mawhinney is a lifelong entrepreneur who helps coaches get more clients (without paid advertising)! He achieves this with his coaching programs, his podcast Natural Born Coaches, his Facebook group The Coaching Jungle, and his Secret Coach Club. He's been a speaker at events like Social Media Marketing World, frequently makes media appearances and contributes for Entrepreneur.com. You can learn more about Marc at his website.