How to Do a Discovery Call as a New Coach Using The Wheel Of Life Ep:142
Every new coach needs to know how to do a discovery call and why it's important for new coaches to do as many as possible. We break down the three phases of a discovery call and shares tips for preparing before, during, and after the call. Candy recommends a coaching exercise called The Wheel of Life and provides a downloadable guide for listeners.
- A discovery call is a conversation with a potential client to see if you're a match for coaching together.
- It's important for new coaches to do as many discovery calls as possible to sign clients and start making money.
- The three phases of a discovery call are before, during, and after the call.
- Before the call, be welcoming and clear about what to expect. Prepare yourself, get centered, and remove distractions.
- During the call, be present and follow a process. I recommend doing The Wheel of Life coaching exercise to help clients gain a new perspective on their life.
- The Wheel of Life is a one-page exercise with a large circle divided into 8 equal sections, each representing a specific area of a person's life.
- The sections are named health, career/education, finances, relationships, personal growth, fun/recreation, physical environment, and spiritual well-being.
- During the exercise, clients rate their level of satisfaction in each area on a scale from 1 to 10 and connect the dots to see where they're at in life.
- After the call, follow up with the potential client and thank them for their time. Offer them a next step, whether it's a coaching package or another call to answer any questions they may have.
To prepare for discovery calls, listen to episode 141 for information on creating a pilot coaching package. She also offers extra help to those who need it, which can be found in the episode notes.
Featured on This Show: